Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Out and Aboot with the Expeditionary Art Pocket Palette

Out and Aboot with the Expeditionary Art Pocket Palette




[By Marc Taro Holmes in Montreal, CA] The other day was Fourth Sunday, our regular get-together with USK:MTL. I went out for a second round with Maria Coryell-Martins Pocket Palette. (Which she graciously sent to me to try out).

USK sketch-outs are a social affair. Youre spending more time chatting with your sketching friends - new and old. We had a lot of new visitors because of our article in la Press. In fact, I met the person who owns the house I sketched for the piece. That was kind of fun :)

The social aspect makes for better drawings sometimes :) I was a more slow-and-steady that my previous night-shoot. You get a more delicate sketch by taking your time. I wasnt keeping track but lets say these were around 20-30 min each. Theyre small, so they finish fast.

These are similar to the 5x7"ish miniature watercolors I did last month. But, unlike last time, theyre drawn directly with the brush (instead of over a pencil sketch). A lot of tiny point work with the #7 round sable.

This is my fall colors limited palette: Neutral Tint, Raw Umber Violet, Quinn Gold Deep, Buff Titanium and Grey of Grey. Ive used the tiniest touch of MG Turquoise in the windows.

And - just a reminder about using Marias discount code EXPLORE2016 sometime before the end of December if you want to pick up and Expeditionary Art Palette of your own.

~marc

Available link for download

No comments:

Post a Comment